Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What is it with me and animals?

Today, I picked up a cockatiel which we found on the front lawn of our house when we came home after watching Little Fockers (it's a good movie. REALLY wrong, but good, nonetheless.)

After asking the neighbours if they had lost a cockatiel, we decided to keep it.

Now, this isn't the first time this has happened.

Two years ago in May, when me, my mum and dog went for a walk, we found a box lying on the side of the pavement with a piece of leafy green vegetable, and a rabbit sitting there on the grass just half a meter away.

It was just a baby at the time, only nine weeks old, and I picked it up and took it home.

Now his name is Robby (creative, isn't it?) and he weighs something like 2.5kg. And now, we've picked up a cockatiel.

This means we now have a rabbit turning two, a dog turning six, around ten fish - the oldest of which is turning eight, and a cockatiel whose age is unknown.

-sigh- People really should take better care of their pets.

Well, now each member of our family has a pet. Technically, both rabbit and dog are mine, but for the sake of this arrangement, we'll say the dog belongs to my mum. And my dad has taken the responsibility for the bird, though I don't think he's doing very well...

I WOULD take over her, but I have no idea how to train a bird. I guess if my (few) readers knew anything you could tell me?

And when I mean if you know anything, I mean really, really know something. Not just 'Patience is the key' because I've taught my rather dull dog everything he knows, so patience is very familiar with me.

...I think that's enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment